Privacy is one of the key elements all our services are built around. We are not an advertising company, and we do not make profit from harvesting, analyzing and selling private information to any third party. We have one mission: to ease your everyday work and organization throughout our services, and we keep to that simple plan.
The following document aims at describing the personal data we collect, why we collect it and how it is processed by us or third parties.
- Personal Information: any information that can be used to identify someone, directly or indirectly. For instance, an email, a first and last name can be used to directly identify somebody, and are considered personal information. Moreover, any information that can identify someone by being cross-referenced is also considered personal. Therefore, a message sent that can be linked to an email is also considered personal information. In that regard, almost all information treated by our Service is considered personal.
- Data Processing: Data processing is the act of treating an information, for any purpose. Collecting data is considered as data processing in itself, as are the acts of storing, organizing, sending, deleting, etc.
According to the rule of privacy by design, we keep the amount of personal data we collect to a minimum.
Information collected by the Website
The Website may collect the following personal information:
- Your name and email address
- Your company name and physical location
- Your IP address (Internet Protocol Address, that idenitfyes a computer), Browser type and Operating System
The first two type of information are collected only for accounts, and allow us to:
- Process your orders
- Grant you with customer service
- Send periodic emails, keep you informed of the state of your contracts
Because invoices must be kept for a duration of 10 years according to the law, we may need to keep that data for that period of time. For accounts that were created without ending up in any invoice, we keep the information for a duration of a year, after what the account, and all its data, are deleted.
Information collected by the Service
The Service collects some Personal Information in order to work:
- First Name, Last Name and Email, as well as a Username
- Any information you are willing to give us (which include, but are not limited to: messages, documents, project memberships, posts...)
- IP Address, Browser type and Operating System
This information allows us to:
- Power the platform
- Send you update mails regarding its activity (candidacy and invitation changes, new posts or documents...)
- Enhance our services by seing what features are used, and what problems occurred
We may also use your Personal Information, collected by the Website or the Service, to comply with any legal obligation, including the need to share any of it with the government or any regulatory when required by the law or in response to a legal process, obligation or request.
How are your personal information stored and protected ?
Your personal information are kept safe by limiting as possible the number of people that can access it, and the amount of it that is harvested. We also keep our software up to date, to prevent any know security breach from being used. All information sent by the Website or the Service is encrypted and secured by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
Currently, the only person at Treviz who is able to access all your Personal Information is Bastien Huber. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
The personal information stored by the Website is ony accessible by its owner, and by the persons in charge of handling the order. The data stored by the Service can mostly be accessed by the other members using the same Service.
We do not sell any Personal Information (actually, we do not sell any information at all) to any third party. However, to operate our services, we rely one some of them to perform some of the processing. Indeed, the servers we use to store your information, and to power the Website and Service are hosted on OVH, a French provider, and are all located in France.
You can request a copy of your Personal Information. To do so:
- In the Service, click the "Settings" icon on the navigation bar, and, in the "Account" section, click on "Download an archive containing my personal data".
- To fetch your personal information stored in the Website, please send us a request mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send a mail at that same address to correct any of your Personal Information, or to delete some or all of it. However, you must know that deleting your information can result in the termination of your account, and prevent you from using our Service.